Summer is a time for vacation and mass recreation. Many people want to spend their vacation outside their home while traveling in their own country and abroad. At the same time, each such trip involves early preparation, including the choice of the place of temporary residence. Today, we will pay our attention to such an important aspect of vacation and travel as hotel booking.
Main hotel booking steps:
Let’s list by points the main steps that must be taken into account when choosing and reserve a hotel:
1. Determination of the date of accommodation and departure.
This step can be considered the first, because you need to plan your vacation with a travel/flight time.
In most cases, the time of hotel accommodation is counted in the days and in most cases the day is deducted from 12-00 a.m. to 12-00 a.m. the next day.
That is, if you settle at 5-00 p.m., your day will be considered exactly from 12-00 a.m.
But more important is the hotel departure day, if you leave after 12-00 a.m., the next day can be counted.
So count time carefully.
2. Hotel rating class.
The hotels star ratings are the most popular ratings in the global tourism business – from one to five stars.
Often, the number of these stars is indicated in all details of the hotel. Also prices are set in accordance with the number of stars.
- One-star hotels are the lowest price category. The area of such hotels rooms is 8-10 sq. meters, the bathroom is designed for 3-5 rooms, and the furniture is a wardrobe and chair. A 1 star hotel is a super-economy option.
- Two-star hotels are different from one-star with more frequent change of linen in the rooms, as well as the possibility of a bathroom directly in the room.
- In 3 stars hotels the presence of a bath and toilet in the room is mandatory, the linen should be changed at least 2 times a week.
- A 4 star hotel must have an air conditioning, a telephone, daily linen changing, a hairdryer and shampoo in the bathroom, and room size not less than 13 square meters.
- A 5 stars hotel is a premium class. In its rooms there are all the conditions necessary for a comfortable stay, and there is a whole set of additional services and privileges (gyms, swimming pools, hairdressers, spa salons, etc.) in the hotel complex. Sometimes tourists are focused on these additional features, such as choosing a hotel with a swimming pool or with a fitness center.
The most expensive world hotels with five stars can cost $20-30 thousand or even $50 thousand per day.
In some countries, there are their own qualification rating systems for hotel types, including:
- Letters in Greece (De Luxe, A, B, C),
- Classes in the United States (Superior Deluxe, Deluxe, Moderate Deluxe, Superior First Class, etc.).
It should be noted and especially emphasize that stars and classes – this is only a landmark, the true state of affairs better to learn from the reviews of people who have already lived in your chosen hotel.
At the same time it is necessary to critically treat the reviews as people are different or for example, some exotic hotel is not suitable for all tastes, but nevertheless, reviews can show the general tendencies quite well.
3. Hotel room booking.
Once you have determined the class, you need to choose the specific hotel and book a room for the required period.
A hotel room booking is actually a preliminary arrangement that necessary apartments will be reserved to you, and you will be ready to pay for them. In most cases, when booking room, the cost of living per day is paid. This is done more often with the help of plastic cards.
Remember about the security of card payments!
Booking can also be paid upon arrival at the hotel or upon departure.
When booking, it is especially important to pay attention to possibility of its cancellation. In some cases, you may be charged a penalty for such cancellation, sometimes even in the amount of all payment made by you.
In the modern world booking are often made over the Internet or (at least) by telephone. Online hotel booking is a general dominate method in the new hotels.
The room can be booked directly on the site of the selected hotel or through special sites that specialize in such services. Such systems of on-line booking are convenient to choose the term of residence, room class, list of additional services and, at the same time, to see the prices immediately.
It should be noted that it is still strongly recommended to you confirm online hotel booking directly at the hotel and, at the same time, recall the above recommendation for finding reviews about this hotel.
A booking confirmation is a very important point, in particular, for opening a visa in some countries.
The best hotel booking sites are Booking.com and Hotels.com.
If to be honest, each of them has a bunch of both positive and not positive comments, but their convenience is very high. You can see photos of rooms, travel cards, as well as a lot of other useful information that will help you to determine which hotel is better and to make online hotel booking in a couple of clicks.
In conclusion, we would like to wish you a pleasant vacation and enjoy the opportunity to visit the best hotels of the world during it.